Category Archives: connectMLS
It was one of the most-requested additions for connectMLS… and now it’s live!
You can use MobilityScore by TransitScreen to help clients understand the nearby transportation options for a listing they’re interested in and choose the best fit with mobility in mind.
The MobilityScore tool displays an address’ nearby transportation options on all MRED listings, evaluating the ease of mobility on a 1-100 scale. Scores gauge public transit options as well as available carsharing, bikesharing, and hailed ridesharing services. The result is an easy-to-understand measure of transportation access that can play a major factor in home-buying decisions.
This feature is available on the connectMLS Modern View in two places:
- Additional Information
- “General” section of Listing Details
Along with the numerical score, each listing includes a rating that ranges from “minimal” to “excellent” mobility and a detailed list of its available transportation options (bus, train, carshare, etc). Just click on the MobilityScore to see the full breakdown.
MobilityScore joins a diverse list of more than 20 product and service offerings in connectMLS, contributing to MRED’s goal of providing everything you need to succeed.
Even more connectMLS enhancements are coming, and we’re always open to feedback on how to improve our current offerings. Have suggestions or questions? Contact the MRED Help Desk at 630-955-2755 or help.desk@MREDLLC.com
We get it. Data accuracy is one of the top priorities for your multiple listing service. That’s why we’re adjusting the listing status change time frame so everyone gets better, more timely data.
MRED had received feedback concerning the previous 72-hour listing status change time frame being too long.
Effective Friday, March 1st, 2019, listing status changes must be completed within 48 hours of the date of the last required signature (including weekends and holidays) on the following statuses:
- New (NEW)*
- Contingent (CTG)
- Active-Temporarily No Showings (TEMP)
- Auction (AUCT)
- Pending (PEND)
- Price Change (PCHG)
- Closed (CLSD)
- Rented (RNTD)
- Canceled (CANC)
- Expired (EXP)
MRED’s Board of Managers approved this change as a way to combat outdated information. Moving to this 48-hour time frame provides real estate professionals and their clients with more timely data.
Numerous connectMLS system enhancements (like the mobile-friendly Modern View) and general technological advancements allow brokers to easily access and update listings on the go. You can also email the Help Desk a completed status change form if you are unable to make a listing status change. That form is available under “Forms –> MRED Listing Forms, etc” in connectMLS.
These options make it convenient and beneficial to abide by a shortened listing status change time frame. MRED polled Designated Realtors and the overwhelmingly majority said they would be able to observe this change.
Please be advised, failure to comply with this rule will continue to result in an automatic $250 fine. Keep in mind, listings must be entered into the Standard Listing Network or Private Listing Network within 48 hours of the listing agreement or within 24 hours of advertising to the general public, whichever comes first. This advertising includes for sale signs, public-facing websites, and print media. The rule regarding failure to report new while publicly advertising is unchanged and carries an automatic $1,000 fine.
Thank you for being a part of MRED. We’re excited to bring more timely data to real estate professionals and consumers.
Still have questions? Check out these FAQs.
We’re happy to help! Just contact MRED’s Rules and Regulations Department at 630-955-0011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Listings must be entered into the Standard Listing Network or Private Listing Network within 48 hours of the listing agreement (after the date of the last required signature) or within 24 hours of advertising to the general public, whichever comes first. This advertising includes for sale signs, public-facing websites, and print media.
MRED provides a top-notch multiple listing service experience for members of our association partners. Our mission is to equip real estate professionals with a comprehensive database and game-changing technology, along with helpful training and support. The REALTOR® associations that get their MLS services from MRED provide a diverse array of vitally important and useful services, including connections and professional development.
Together, MRED and your association aim to provide you with individually unique services that add up to everything you need to succeed.
Here’s a helpful breakdown of who to contact if you have questions about the below items. Click here for an expanded list.
Contact your association…
- With questions about billing and fees, including if you need to make a payment.
- To modify your primary email or contact information.
- If you have questions about real estate contracts. (The new Multi-Board Residential Real Estate Contract 7.0 is available in connectMLS under Forms -> State and Association Forms)
- For information on continuing education courses.
- If your connectMLS account is inactive or has been deactivated.
- With any questions about MRED products or services.
- For assistance changing your connectMLS password.
- To schedule free training sessions that help you take advantage of MRED’s available products and services. (These are separate from continuing education courses)
- If you need assistance adding or modifying a listing.
- To update connectMLS user permissions.
We have some exciting news about saved searches and listing alerts for clients: We’ve integrated Homesnap into connectMLS to create an even better experience for you and your clients!
What this means:
- You can choose to “send results via Homesnap” when setting up saved searches and listing alerts using modern search
- Your saved searches and listing alert emails with this option selected can be branded with your headshot and contact information
- Clients will be directed to view the listings on Homesnap and they’ll be able to easily rate properties so you immediately know their interest level
- Clients can even send you a personal note with their rating, which you can see in connectMLS
All this adds up to an improved client experience with MLS search in partnership with Homesnap.
Here’s how it works:
- Set up a saved search for a client in connectMLS
- Click “Save Search” and choose Homesnap to send a saved search alert to your client (make sure “Automatic Search” is selected to view this option)
- Your client will get an agent-branded email from Homesnap with saved search results
- Clients can click on listings and will see them on Homesnap
- Clients can choose their interest level (Interested, Maybe, Not Really) on the property listing and leave a note for you
- You don’t have to do anything to enact this change, it’s automatically available to you
- This option is only available in modern search
- Only new searches can utilize this option: Previous searches will not be automatically converted
This is just the first integration of its kind in connectMLS on the way to full Homesnap integration; keep an eye out for more to come!
Haven’t downloaded Homesnap yet? What are you waiting for?
MRED provides a Listing Exemption form as a way to document properties that are being withheld from the multiple listing service at the specific request of sellers. The only time an exemption form should be used is if you have a listing that you are not publicly marketing.
Exemption forms do not allow for listings outside the MLS to be publicly marketed.
Examples of publicly marketing a listing:
- For sale signs
- Coming soon signs
- Public-facing websites
- Print media
So where can you input listings that your seller doesn’t want in the Standard Listing Network (SLN)? The Private Listing Network (PLN) provides an option that meets all the requirements.
PLN listings can be openly advertised and do not appear in traditional SLN search results. Additionally:
- PLN listings are not sent to third-party portals or distributed through IDX or VOW.
- PLN listings are not included in emails to clients through connectMLS.
Any listing that’s being publicly marketed must be in the SLN or PLN within 24 hours of the marketing going public to avoid a $1,000 fine. This works to ensure that all agents have access to information about any listing a client might happen to come across and inquire about.
Still have questions? The best bet is always to check with our Rules and Regulations Department. You can reach them by email here or by calling 630-955-2755.
MRED is thrilled to welcome the Bloomington-Normal Association of Realtors® (BNAR) as our newest Association partner. The addition of BNAR is part of MRED’s pursuit of improving offerings and expanding reach to provide brokers with the very best in functionality and service.
Bloomington-Normal becomes the fourteenth realtor association to join MRED and benefit from our game-changing line of products and services. That includes the best-in-class multiple listing service connectMLS containing more than 85,000 active listings.
BNAR’s transition process to connectMLS is already underway and going smoothly. There will be no disruptions to the services MRED provides to current associations and their members.
Bloomington-Normal supplies resources to real estate professionals in central Illinois’ McLean County, the largest county in the state by land area. Founded in 1921, BNAR covers the county’s 170,000 residents in 65,000 households across 70,000 housing units. Bloomington-Normal President John Armstrong, Association Executive Diane Cote, and their wonderful team will continue to serve their members well as an MRED Association partner.
Join us in welcoming the Bloomington-Normal Association of Realtors® to the MRED family!
We’re always ready to help answer any questions you have. You can contact MRED’s Help Desk at 630-955-2755 or send us an email.